One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with negative Be logically consistent with.‘the map didn't seem to bear any relation to the roads’
- ‘But, in women, their sleep patterns didn't seem to bear a relationship to whether or not they got diabetes.’
- ‘In fact, very little of what happens in Dreamer bears a relationship to something that happened in real life, so the ‘true story’ part of the equation is a red herring.’
- ‘All lost weight, but the amount of weight lost bore no relation to whether participants were on a diet or not.’
- ‘At various points in his book, he declares himself incensed by the presumption that the Iris by his side is not Iris, but a generic Alzheimer's sufferer who bears no real relation to that entity.’
- ‘But the tax bore no relation to ability to pay; within a locality every adult was charged the same amount, although millions of poor people got rebates.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.