One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with negative Be logically consistent with.‘the map didn't seem to bear any relation to the roads’
- ‘But, in women, their sleep patterns didn't seem to bear a relationship to whether or not they got diabetes.’
- ‘At various points in his book, he declares himself incensed by the presumption that the Iris by his side is not Iris, but a generic Alzheimer's sufferer who bears no real relation to that entity.’
- ‘All lost weight, but the amount of weight lost bore no relation to whether participants were on a diet or not.’
- ‘But the tax bore no relation to ability to pay; within a locality every adult was charged the same amount, although millions of poor people got rebates.’
- ‘In fact, very little of what happens in Dreamer bears a relationship to something that happened in real life, so the ‘true story’ part of the equation is a red herring.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.