One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘he has become the most beloved sports figure in Beantown since Larry Bird’a name for Boston
- ‘Hey Beantown, don't get too excited about Boston's 4-game winning streak.’
- ‘The Celtics gave Beantown the worst home playoff loss in franchise history.’
- ‘In an interview with the Boston Globe, Bonds was asked whether he would consider finishing his career in Beantown.’
- ‘The Langham Hotel in Boston is celebrating 140 years as a respite in Beantown.’
- ‘The Boston Globe's Gordon Edes gives a bit of Beantown perspective.’
- ‘The Boston Social Forum introduced Beantown to a laid-back Forum vibe.’
- ‘The Reebok Summer League has officially moved from Boston to Vegas because of the Democratic Convention in Beantown.’
- ‘The analyst says Murdoch will buy the Boston Herald again and that there will be lots of changes in Beantown's media landscape.’
- ‘Many Bostonians reacted to the victory by taking to the streets of Beantown early on Thursday morning and rioting.’
- ‘BostonVote works to increase voter participation in Beantown's traditionally under-represented neighborhoods.’
Mid 19th century: with allusion to the city's association with Boston baked beans.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.