One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
nounPlural beaneriesNorth American
A cheap restaurant.
- ‘More than one fellow rubbernecker judged it fortunate the truck overturned before having a chance to careen across the gravel parking lot and through the beanery's front windows.’
- ‘Across from the diesel shop, the Roundhouse Deli serves rail workers, taking the place of the old railroad beanery.’
- ‘The Car Department building in the Here Yard was demolished along with the tiny beanery located between it and the yard office when Toronto Yard opened.’
- ‘It's probably the heavy proliferation of this fine beanery that makes Second Cup so popular.’
- ‘A hospital cafeteria's mission statement, however, can put that of the most foppish of five-star beaneries to shame.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.