One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘An avid gardener and beagler, he showed his field trial dogs throughout eastern North America with great success.’
- ‘Also, the beaglers knew where the better digging soil was, and kept us away from the dry slopes.’
- ‘In the same way beaglers enjoy running with the dogs.’
- ‘Many of these individual beaglers purchase walking boots and clothes specially for their sport and cumulatively generate a significant increase in takings when meets take place at village pubs.’
- ‘Most knowledgeable beaglers know what the dogs are doing and regardless of how you score the dogs, a lot of it is still within sight of the whole cast.’
- ‘For the dedicated beaglers who have read this page, there is no entity called the Oak Ridge Beagle Club.’
- ‘To some small game hunters, the removal of rabbits and hares from the wild by beaglers may appear as inconsistent regulations benefiting a select group.’
- ‘Friday around noon beaglers from across the country start showing up ready to trade dogs and swap lies.’
- ‘I've only been in the rabbit business for a few short years - trust me, I'm still a rookie beagler, but I learn something new every time I take them out or train a new puppy.’
- ‘This ensured that the beaglers could not use the traditional Wiltshire Police tactic of letting the hunt drive away while holding sabs up.’
- ‘Following roll call and rolling of the numbers, beaglers headed to the field for a fine day of beagling.’
- ‘The beaglers I used to run across South Yorkshire with were mostly unemployed and retired foundry workers from Sheffield's steelworks.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.