One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A screen formed of a set of long strings threaded with beads, typically hung in a doorway.‘the hot wind from the dusty street stirred the bead curtains’
- ‘The salon was like some Zen den: really minimalist and white with clear bead curtains on the wall.’
- ‘We went through a beaded curtain into a long dark hallway.’
- ‘I have put up a bead curtain in the back door in an attempt to put off flies from entering the kitchen.’
- ‘Beaded curtains can be a wide variety of styles and colors.’
- ‘It's small and cosy, with walls decorated in Mexican art, red lanterns hanging from low ceilings and twinkling lights glittering off beaded curtains.’
- ‘Passing through a beaded curtain, people found themselves in utter darkness.’
- ‘I ducked under the bead curtain and strode towards the sushi bar.’
- ‘She proudly shows me the photographs that covered the walls of the inky-dark room behind the beaded curtain.’
- ‘Lighting is low and moody with beaded curtains dividing the various sections and arty bits of decor dotting the walls.’
- ‘Laura heard the clatter of the bead curtain that hung across the entrance to Lisle's study and tilted her head up.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.