One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A large towel suitable for lying on while sunbathing.‘by the waterfront, a woman lays out a beach towel to soak up some rays’
- ‘Fashion-conscious individuals should go for the simple plain colored beach towel.’
- ‘For an increasing number of us, travel is more than simply reaching a chosen destination and spreading out a beach towel.’
- ‘AJ loaded a cooler, and some beach towels, and then the three were on their way.’
- ‘Shower gifts might include scuba lessons, snorkeling equipment, his and hers beach towels, or a gift certificate for a couples massage at their honeymoon resort.’
- ‘Three boys strip down to their swimsuits and throw their clothes on their beach towels before running down the beach.’
- ‘Nearer the water are tiny umbrellas and beach towels.’
- ‘I threw on a t-shirt over my swimsuit, grabbed my beach towel, and headed over to the living room.’
- ‘Plan on bringing your own sleeping bags and pillows, bath and beach towels, and food.’
- ‘She lay back down on her beach towel.’
- ‘Hundreds of people were camped out on their folding chairs and beach towels in front of the stage.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.