Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A large towel suitable for lying on while sunbathing.‘by the waterfront, a woman lays out a beach towel to soak up some rays’
- ‘For an increasing number of us, travel is more than simply reaching a chosen destination and spreading out a beach towel.’
- ‘Three boys strip down to their swimsuits and throw their clothes on their beach towels before running down the beach.’
- ‘Nearer the water are tiny umbrellas and beach towels.’
- ‘AJ loaded a cooler, and some beach towels, and then the three were on their way.’
- ‘Hundreds of people were camped out on their folding chairs and beach towels in front of the stage.’
- ‘She lay back down on her beach towel.’
- ‘Plan on bringing your own sleeping bags and pillows, bath and beach towels, and food.’
- ‘Fashion-conscious individuals should go for the simple plain colored beach towel.’
- ‘I threw on a t-shirt over my swimsuit, grabbed my beach towel, and headed over to the living room.’
- ‘Shower gifts might include scuba lessons, snorkeling equipment, his and hers beach towels, or a gift certificate for a couples massage at their honeymoon resort.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.