One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A seaside holiday resort with a beach.
- ‘The rocky beach was now replaced with golden sand with tourist hotels, making a very popular beach resort.’
- ‘If you go to a beach resort you are encouraged to enrol for aerobics classes, take scuba diving lessons, learn Thai cooking.’
- ‘The following morning we took a bus ride along the strikingly mountainous coastline to Budva, Montenegro's top beach resort.’
- ‘A figure called the "camera fiend" began to appear at beach resorts, prowling the premises until he could catch female bathers unawares.’
- ‘At the airport, Brian will be greeted by agents from Club Med and transferred to the beach resort of Djerba la Fidele, 40 minutes away.’
- ‘The port of Eivissa town with its hill fortress and narrow streets is more reminiscent of Malta than of a Spanish beach resort.’
- ‘We're supposed to take a three-hour bus ride to Punta Leona, a beach resort, but there's no way we'd survive the trip.’
- ‘We were hoping to have about five days at a beach resort, or similar, with the rest of the time spent on an adventure - maybe a safari or country tour?’
- ‘Visitors to Wildwood cross a bridge from the New Jersey mainland to the island beach resort and step back about 50 years.’
- ‘For such a stylish beach resort just a few miles from Biarritz, St Jean is quite child-friendly.’
- ‘The five-star Hotel Algarve Casino is situated close to one of the Algarve's best known beach resorts, Praia de Rocha.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.