One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
with negative Be the type of person who is likely or inclined to marry.‘I'm not the marrying kind’
- ‘Joyce was in love with him, but I don't think her father would have ever let her marry Ron, even if Ron was the marrying kind, which he wasn't.’
- ‘They just… neither seemed to be the marrying kind.’
- ‘Ashley is the marrying kind, Elaine is not, and she has denied his five proposals.’
- ‘She isn't the marrying kind. If you knew her, she'd be nice to you till she got a good chance to flay you alive.’
- ‘These findings may help marriage-minded women identify the men who are most likely to be the marrying kind.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.