One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express disappointment or regret.‘I'm sorry to say that I don't have alternative contact details’
- ‘I'm sorry to say but today was your last show.’
- ‘I am sorry to say that I witnessed the decline in funding.’
- ‘I disagree with Barbara, I'm sorry to say, because I really like and respect her.’
- ‘I am sorry to say that I think he has been had on that one.’
- ‘"I am sorry to say that we have made an error in the elections office," she said.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.