One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to express disappointment or regret.‘I'm sorry to say that I don't have alternative contact details’
- ‘I disagree with Barbara, I'm sorry to say, because I really like and respect her.’
- ‘"I am sorry to say that we have made an error in the elections office," she said.’
- ‘I'm sorry to say but today was your last show.’
- ‘I am sorry to say that I witnessed the decline in funding.’
- ‘I am sorry to say that I think he has been had on that one.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.