One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be the creation or fault of the person named.‘he looked at Lisa as though it was all her doing’
- ‘For a few minutes afterward, I couldn't decipher if the bed shaking was my doing, or if they were aftershocks.’
- ‘Carving them had been her brilliant idea, but the practical aspect as well as the definite creation had been my doing.’
- ‘The second and third times were her doing, so I can hardly regret those.’
- ‘‘I suppose it was your doing,’ she observed; ‘it's a harmless piece of lunacy, but people would think you dreadfully silly if they knew of it.’’
- ‘This has in no way been our doing either directly or indirectly.’
- ‘If the problem was your doing, then ask yourself what you can learn from it and move on.’
- ‘He hates to see you blue, and he'd hate it even more if he thought it was his doing.’
- ‘I have been in prison and been bankrupt but that is my doing, not the country's.’
- ‘I know you are wondering why your middle name is Sophie and you were told that was Julian's doing.’
- ‘She looked around the basement and knew the decorations were Christine's doing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.