One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be the creation or fault of the person named.‘he looked at Lisa as though it was all her doing’
- ‘This has in no way been our doing either directly or indirectly.’
- ‘I have been in prison and been bankrupt but that is my doing, not the country's.’
- ‘Carving them had been her brilliant idea, but the practical aspect as well as the definite creation had been my doing.’
- ‘He hates to see you blue, and he'd hate it even more if he thought it was his doing.’
- ‘She looked around the basement and knew the decorations were Christine's doing.’
- ‘If the problem was your doing, then ask yourself what you can learn from it and move on.’
- ‘For a few minutes afterward, I couldn't decipher if the bed shaking was my doing, or if they were aftershocks.’
- ‘The second and third times were her doing, so I can hardly regret those.’
- ‘‘I suppose it was your doing,’ she observed; ‘it's a harmless piece of lunacy, but people would think you dreadfully silly if they knew of it.’’
- ‘I know you are wondering why your middle name is Sophie and you were told that was Julian's doing.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.