Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Be extremely easy.‘putting data into a spreadsheet is simplicity itself’
- ‘The design is simplicity itself - a single piece of moulded transparent plastic wraps around itself to form an innovative sort of chaise longue.’
- ‘Their goal came in the 43rd minute and it was simplicity itself.’
- ‘He scored three goals, all of which were simplicity itself, to take his tally for the season to nine and his presence will make his side a real force in the Conference this season.’
- ‘This superb recipe is simplicity itself but it is easier if you know that eight anchovy fillets constitute a 50g tin.’
- ‘Installation of all these cards was simplicity itself.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.