One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be unproven and requiring further discussion.‘whether a further wave of takeovers would benefit consumers is open to debate’
- ‘The penalty decision which followed is open to debate for the initial challenge took place outside the box, with the momentum of both players carrying them into the area.’
- ‘Whether women are less ambitious than men is open to debate.’
- ‘How one goes about implementing that ideology is open to debate.’
- ‘Whether this is because O-levels are harder or they needed longer to prepare is open to debate.’
- ‘Whether Arsenal would have had the energy to withstand an 11-man challenge is open to debate.’
- ‘The significance of this fact is open to debate.’
- ‘How well specific juries expressed the people's will was open to debate.’
- ‘Furthermore, the true value of those benefits is open to debate.’
- ‘Just how much Yorkshire will benefit from his return is open to debate as the player is contracted to England.’
- ‘While overall no one would argue that a reduction in more serious accidents is anything less than encouraging, the part played by speed cameras in this is open to debate.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.