One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act naturally, according to one's character and instincts.‘I want him to have the confidence to be himself’
- ‘You're a cool girl, so conjure up some confidence and just be yourself.’
- ‘So I just had to be myself, unless the character demanded something outside of my own personality.’
- ‘This leadership contest could be the making of the man in the public's eyes, and give him the confidence to relax and be himself.’
- ‘Indulgence is not a bad word as far as you're concerned, your confidence in being yourself is what matters more than all that.’
- ‘By just being myself I naturally attract the type of people I would otherwise want to attract and repel the people I would otherwise want to repel.’
- ‘The result is a satisfying motion picture that wins its audience over because the characters are allowed to be themselves.’
- ‘Be natural, be yourself and your conversation won't sound contrived.’
- ‘You should be yourself most of the time and act naturally.’
- ‘Let them know you're interested with lots of eye contact and having the confidence to be yourself.’
- ‘Inner beauty is all about confidence: the confidence to be yourself, and do what you want to do.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.