One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act naturally, according to one's character and instincts.‘I want him to have the confidence to be himself’
- ‘The result is a satisfying motion picture that wins its audience over because the characters are allowed to be themselves.’
- ‘Inner beauty is all about confidence: the confidence to be yourself, and do what you want to do.’
- ‘This leadership contest could be the making of the man in the public's eyes, and give him the confidence to relax and be himself.’
- ‘So I just had to be myself, unless the character demanded something outside of my own personality.’
- ‘By just being myself I naturally attract the type of people I would otherwise want to attract and repel the people I would otherwise want to repel.’
- ‘You should be yourself most of the time and act naturally.’
- ‘Indulgence is not a bad word as far as you're concerned, your confidence in being yourself is what matters more than all that.’
- ‘Be natural, be yourself and your conversation won't sound contrived.’
- ‘You're a cool girl, so conjure up some confidence and just be yourself.’
- ‘Let them know you're interested with lots of eye contact and having the confidence to be yourself.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.