One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be independent or free to do as one wishes.‘I'm going to take control—be my own master at last’
- ‘He is his own master and disciple in iconography.’
- ‘The abolition of slavery recognized the pre-existing right of everyone to be his own master; it did not create such a right.’
- ‘When these people encounter a situation that they cannot solve - where they must be their own master - they just give up.’
- ‘To be one's own master and to control one's own destiny are the eternal desires of human beings, and democracy is the most significant system to help us realize this desire.’
- ‘I felt I could share with her the whole scope of emotions I was going through, and yet be my own master in the process.’
- ‘No matter what happens, you shall never be your own master, not entirely.’
- ‘He decided that he would be his own master trying to make good on his moves all by himself.’
- ‘The artist may be said to have been his own master, because, even when he was apprenticed to a painter he was taught less than he already knew.’
- ‘He was never given the chance to be his own master.’
- ‘Jacob is his own master, and it is at his choosing when it comes to sharing his life.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.