One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be responsible for the behaviour of a relative, friend, or associate.‘we are, it seems, at last becoming a world in which each of us is our brother's keeper’
- ‘Hard work, innovation, rugged independence joined with the belief in community that says I am my brother's keeper.’
- ‘Sometimes being your brother's keeper is no walk in the park.’
- ‘I want readers to walk away with the understanding that we are our brother's keeper.’
- ‘We must learn again to become our brother's keeper.’
- ‘We are, it seems, at last becoming a world in which each of us is our brother's keeper.’
- ‘The first murderer named in the Bible asked the question, "Am I my brother's keeper?"’
- ‘It is no longer about caring for mankind, being your brother's keeper.’
- ‘This doesn't mean we are "our brother's keepers"; it means we practically are our brothers.’
- ‘Morally, we are bound by the very old principle that a man is his brother's keeper.’
- ‘I am not your brother's keeper, nor are you.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.