One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be a person's own responsibility or problem.‘if you can't take an interest in local affairs, that's your lookout’
problem, concern, business, affair, responsibility, worry, difficultyView synonyms
- ‘If he chose to ignore it, well then, that was his lookout.’
- ‘Well, if they are not here, that is their lookout.’
- ‘After all, if I want to invalidate my warranty by getting somebody to stick some extra memory or a chip that allows me to play games from different regions, shouldn't it be my lookout?’
- ‘If the other man left it too long, that was his lookout.’
- ‘If one of the party wants to go to bed at nine every night, that is their lookout.’
- ‘If people laugh at me behind my back, well, that is their lookout.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.