One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be pursuing an unproductive course of action.‘when you start gifting money to polluters you know you're on the wrong tram’
- ‘He is on the wrong tram regarding the astronomical amount he paid for the cricket.’
- ‘You are on the wrong tram as a leader if you don't file tax returns.’
- ‘Am I on the wrong tram, have I found myself on a sitcom, have I been pranked?’
- ‘His action is a lot more honourable than what she did—so this critic is on the wrong tram!’
- ‘You are on the wrong tram. This is not productive. We must move forward and put all this behind us.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.