One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be pursuing an unproductive course of action.‘when you start gifting money to polluters you know you're on the wrong tram’
- ‘He is on the wrong tram regarding the astronomical amount he paid for the cricket.’
- ‘His action is a lot more honourable than what she did—so this critic is on the wrong tram!’
- ‘Am I on the wrong tram, have I found myself on a sitcom, have I been pranked?’
- ‘You are on the wrong tram. This is not productive. We must move forward and put all this behind us.’
- ‘You are on the wrong tram as a leader if you don't file tax returns.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.