One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be someone's sole responsibility.‘your conduct is on your own head’
- ‘Well, it is on his own head, your Honour, the delay, it cannot be said otherwise.’
- ‘If anything happens to that boy, it'll be on your head!’
- ‘If this is what you want, let it be on your head then.’
- ‘Either way, whatever happened to him now was on her head.’
- ‘In the revolt I slew all the peasants; all their blood is on my head.’
- ‘Whatever happens to them in the field is on your head, man.’
- ‘Very well, everything that happens here after is on your head… love.’
- ‘If I suddenly become fit and healthy, it's going to be on her head, let me tell you.’
- ‘If the Government wants to impose the failed experiment of parole, the failed experiment of sentencing, on the law-abiding citizens of this country, then it is on its head; it is on its conscience.’
- ‘He tied me up and he is masquerading as me, now stop asking questions, or if anything happens to Janey it'll be on your head.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.