One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be useful.‘to be of any use, the photos must be up to date’‘he had to remain focused if he was to be any use in the search’‘a pair of goggles would be of use’
- ‘Such TV systems will have no analogue outputs so even your old VCR won't be of any use.’
- ‘We must thank our old school for providing us with the knowledge and training to be of use to our communities.’
- ‘He wonders if it is of any use to build the bridge.’
- ‘I would expect that there will be new ways in which trade unions can be of use to society.’
- ‘Her new book should be of use to a wide range of readers.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.