One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be of no value.‘the certificate that they hold is not worth a crumpet’
- ‘Winning races wasn't worth a crumpet unless the money was on with bookmakers.’
- ‘Our dollar is not worth a crumpet.’
- ‘Confidence-building between diplomats is not worth a crumpet in comparison with confidence-building between military staffs.’
- ‘He seems not to have any greater area of his body coloured in than he had when he wasn't worth a crumpet, maybe there has been some growing up done over the last year.’
- ‘Anything that the Minister might say about the cost implications of this in this House are not worth a crumpet.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.