One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be of no value.‘the battered old boat was not worth a cracker’
- ‘Mum emphasized he's not worth a cracker, having never done a decent day's work in his life.’
- ‘I saw these people every day when I was in local government and they are not worth a cracker.’
- ‘My opinion is not worth a cracker when it comes to sea ice.’
- ‘You can return your plastic, glass, or aluminium containers, though the tops aren't worth a cracker.’
- ‘Remember, all this lot are just copies. Not worth a cracker!’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.