One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have no way of being aware of.‘you weren't to know he was about to die’
- ‘He was not to know it at the time, but the petro-chemical industry was to be his future.’
- ‘In both cases the guns were not real, and not intended for criminal use, but the officers were not to know that.’
- ‘Although the public was not to know it until later, the invasion was due to take place on June 5 but just as with any other event in Britain the weather played a part.’
- ‘However, the British were not to know just how weak he was.’
- ‘She was not to know what leaving would do to my father.’
- ‘They were not to know that two years later, a similar fate would be visited upon them.’
- ‘As things transpired they wouldn't have made it to the last eight even had they beaten Donegal but they were not to know it at the time.’
- ‘They were not to know that Friday would bring another day of dramatic action.’
- ‘Mr Newton was not to know that the builder on his doorstep had a string of convictions for deception and misleading customers.’
- ‘In fact the seals and signature were forgeries, but Mr Catt was not to know that for many months.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.