One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have no way of being aware of.‘you weren't to know he was about to die’
- ‘Mr Newton was not to know that the builder on his doorstep had a string of convictions for deception and misleading customers.’
- ‘Although the public was not to know it until later, the invasion was due to take place on June 5 but just as with any other event in Britain the weather played a part.’
- ‘In fact the seals and signature were forgeries, but Mr Catt was not to know that for many months.’
- ‘He was not to know it at the time, but the petro-chemical industry was to be his future.’
- ‘They were not to know that two years later, a similar fate would be visited upon them.’
- ‘She was not to know what leaving would do to my father.’
- ‘They were not to know that Friday would bring another day of dramatic action.’
- ‘In both cases the guns were not real, and not intended for criminal use, but the officers were not to know that.’
- ‘However, the British were not to know just how weak he was.’
- ‘As things transpired they wouldn't have made it to the last eight even had they beaten Donegal but they were not to know it at the time.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.