One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not be of direct relevance or concern to one.‘their finances are none of your business’‘what goes on between Gabriel and me is none of your business’
- ‘I can take care of myself, thank you very much, and technically this is none of your business.’
- ‘His personal life is none of my business, nor am I interested in it.’
- ‘He screamed at me that it was none of my business how he spent his money.’
- ‘He had chosen to speak about something that is none of his business.’
- ‘Tell your housekeeper that my behaviour is none of her business.’
- ‘My own belief is that the board's first response should have been that the whole matter was none of its business.’
- ‘I admit the whole situation is interesting, but it is really none of our business.’
- ‘"My real name is none of your damned business," she said.’
- ‘The principle was essentially that if other people were different, then this was none of your business so long as they kept their nose out of yours.’
- ‘People's sexual orientation is none of our business.’
- ‘What I do is none of your business.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.