One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Not understand something, even though it has been explained.‘she said an awful lot but he wasn't any the wiser’‘I am still none the wiser about the meaning of the word’
- ‘It was closed, though, so we're still none the wiser.’
- ‘If I want to ruin the reputation of a B-list celeb I could so with in a couple of days, and their PR agency would be none the wiser until the stories started appearing.’
- ‘The whole issue gets me totally annoyed and I'm still none the wiser as to what value we get from paying them at all.’
- ‘Both airlines could have simply increased their prices by $6, and most customers would be none the wiser.’
- ‘At the end of his frustrating book, I was left none the wiser.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.