One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Treat everyone in the same way, without being influenced by their status or wealth.‘she was no respecter of persons and never thought before she spoke’
- ‘One of the wonderful things about the modern British is that they are no respecters of persons, however elevated.’
- ‘But even if you detest their music and can't stand their ways, remember that God is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘Death is the great leveller; it is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘He was compelled to report his evidence, no matter who was guilty - friend or foe, president or pope, and he was no respecter of persons or positions.’
- ‘Krishna's saying, ‘I envy no man, nor am I partial to anyone; I am equal to all' is a lot like the idea that God is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘In theory, since God is no respecter of persons, the role of mystic/ecstatic should have been open to all.’
- ‘Wise mercy involves the insight that suffering is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘The cruel hands of death is no respecter of persons.’
- ‘Yet death is not only no respecter of persons, it also pays little heed to age.’
- ‘A law, even in this House, should be no respecter of persons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.