One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Show no support or sympathy for.‘he is no friend of the Republican Party’‘the policy revealed itself as no friend to the utilities’
- ‘To say he is no friend of education is imprecise: he is no friend of the present system in Florida.’
- ‘History will show that this man was no friend of the Irish people either in their own country or in the Diaspora.’
- ‘Sherman was no friend of radicalism but felt quite strongly that freedom of expression needed to be preserved at any cost.’
- ‘The Prime Minister is no friend of the anti-globalisation movement.’
- ‘Animals are part of nature and the environment, and anyone who is willing to make their zoo a cesspool because they can't properly dispose of trash is no friend to animals.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.