One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Please do.‘May I choose the restaurant? Be my guest!’
- ‘So if you are the one person who's been oppressed or discriminated against for being white, heterosexual, able-bodied, etc, be my guest, have a rant and a parade.’
- ‘It means that if you wanna hook me up with tickets, please be my guest…’
- ‘If anyone ever feels the overwhelming desire to give me cash, please, be my guest.’
- ‘But if you want to leave and create a better life for yourself in cities like Manchester or Birmingham, which have no crime, litter, vandalism, poverty, racism, drug problems and gangs on the streets, then be my guest.’
- ‘So, please, be my guest - write whatever you you like.’
- ‘But if you're bilingual and up to your eyeballs in ennui, please be my guest.’
- ‘‘Yes, be my guest as you may please,’ she said, though before she had finished saying it, he had already sat down.’
- ‘So, if you wanna have someone split your pelvis open, move some of your insides to your outsides and shift some fat cells around for about $5,000 to $7,000 to gain, if you're lucky, maybe an inch, be my guest.’
- ‘If you want to be smothered in spirituality, and leave the Real World behind, please, be my guest and join a cult.’
- ‘But, if you aren't and want to read on, be my guest…’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.