One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Please do.‘May I choose the restaurant? Be my guest!’
- ‘If anyone ever feels the overwhelming desire to give me cash, please, be my guest.’
- ‘But if you want to leave and create a better life for yourself in cities like Manchester or Birmingham, which have no crime, litter, vandalism, poverty, racism, drug problems and gangs on the streets, then be my guest.’
- ‘But, if you aren't and want to read on, be my guest…’
- ‘So, if you wanna have someone split your pelvis open, move some of your insides to your outsides and shift some fat cells around for about $5,000 to $7,000 to gain, if you're lucky, maybe an inch, be my guest.’
- ‘It means that if you wanna hook me up with tickets, please be my guest…’
- ‘So, please, be my guest - write whatever you you like.’
- ‘‘Yes, be my guest as you may please,’ she said, though before she had finished saying it, he had already sat down.’
- ‘If you want to be smothered in spirituality, and leave the Real World behind, please, be my guest and join a cult.’
- ‘So if you are the one person who's been oppressed or discriminated against for being white, heterosexual, able-bodied, etc, be my guest, have a rant and a parade.’
- ‘But if you're bilingual and up to your eyeballs in ennui, please be my guest.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.