One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Have qualities other than mere attractiveness, especially intelligence.‘he is not just a pretty face, he is both talented and charismatic’‘she is intent on proving that she is not just a pretty face’
- ‘Once again he proves he is not just a pretty face with his brilliant portrayal of Jack.’
- ‘Her work certainly suggests she is far more than just a pretty face.’
- ‘He was the one Hollywood legend who was more than just a pretty face.’
- ‘This year he has finally proved once and for all that he's not just a pretty face.’
- ‘Gradually we got to talking and I knew that she wasn't just a pretty face.’
- ‘I wanted desperately to prove I was more than just a pretty face.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.