One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be rather short of.‘we're light on fuel’
- ‘News of the hacker's exploit this morning has been light on details.’
- ‘I've complained before about movies being light on plot, but this one is absolutely plot-free.’
- ‘Such civil litigation is labour intensive, and like all capital defence offices, we were light on labour.’
- ‘Though the talk was light on actual development details, the fact remains that Nom 2 is one hell of a crazy game.’
- ‘He did 32 very fine films for Columbia which were light on song and heavy with drama.’
- ‘The novel is light on the amount of dialogue, but very lyrical and poetic.’
- ‘I apologize we were light on the show notes, a bit light on the content, and there were no technical segments.’
- ‘He has been light on policy while exhorting voters to abandon the stale battle between right and left.’
- ‘In reality, the session was light on content, and relatively few major bills were passed.’
- ‘I remember the letters were light on news about his military life and more focused on her.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.