One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be continuing with an action already started.‘I was in the process of buying a house’
in the course of, in the middle of, in the midst ofView synonyms
- ‘I am in the process of applying for a loan to keep my practice open.’
- ‘Other respondents were in the process of strategically realigning their salary structure.’
- ‘We were in the process of trying to build a new business.’
- ‘Mr and Mrs Harley were in the process of selling their semi-detached cottage in The Street and had been storing new furniture in the spare bedroom, which caught fire.’
- ‘One squad had already reached the structure and were in the process of breaking there way in.’
- ‘It is easy to see why she has already been the pick of several top directors and is in the process of putting together an impressive range of work.’
- ‘Some were in the process of trying to get their schooling by correspondence or had already started in an alternative school.’
- ‘The bank is in the process of installing a high end transaction processing switch for this purpose.’
- ‘This has already happened in the Sudan and is in the process of happening in Algeria.’
- ‘It is also believed that money was in the process of being shipped to the Continent in order to be laundered.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.