Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Be continuing with an action already started.‘I was in the process of buying a house’
in the course of, in the middle of, in the midst ofView synonyms
- ‘Some were in the process of trying to get their schooling by correspondence or had already started in an alternative school.’
- ‘It is easy to see why she has already been the pick of several top directors and is in the process of putting together an impressive range of work.’
- ‘Mr and Mrs Harley were in the process of selling their semi-detached cottage in The Street and had been storing new furniture in the spare bedroom, which caught fire.’
- ‘We were in the process of trying to build a new business.’
- ‘Other respondents were in the process of strategically realigning their salary structure.’
- ‘I am in the process of applying for a loan to keep my practice open.’
- ‘The bank is in the process of installing a high end transaction processing switch for this purpose.’
- ‘This has already happened in the Sudan and is in the process of happening in Algeria.’
- ‘It is also believed that money was in the process of being shipped to the Continent in order to be laundered.’
- ‘One squad had already reached the structure and were in the process of breaking there way in.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.