One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be continuing with an action already started.‘I was in the process of buying a house’
in the course of, in the middle of, in the midst ofView synonyms
- ‘Some were in the process of trying to get their schooling by correspondence or had already started in an alternative school.’
- ‘One squad had already reached the structure and were in the process of breaking there way in.’
- ‘The bank is in the process of installing a high end transaction processing switch for this purpose.’
- ‘It is easy to see why she has already been the pick of several top directors and is in the process of putting together an impressive range of work.’
- ‘It is also believed that money was in the process of being shipped to the Continent in order to be laundered.’
- ‘This has already happened in the Sudan and is in the process of happening in Algeria.’
- ‘We were in the process of trying to build a new business.’
- ‘Other respondents were in the process of strategically realigning their salary structure.’
- ‘Mr and Mrs Harley were in the process of selling their semi-detached cottage in The Street and had been storing new furniture in the spare bedroom, which caught fire.’
- ‘I am in the process of applying for a loan to keep my practice open.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.