One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be committed to an undertaking until it is completed.‘we are in business for the long haul’
- ‘Activists are troubled, but we have to recognise that we are in this for the long haul.’
- ‘The band are in it for the long haul, playing pieces that usually clock in at around an hour.’
- ‘He assured management he was in for the long haul.’
- ‘It is too soon to project the firm's return on investment since the investor is in it for the long haul.’
- ‘He said he was in politics for the long haul, but refused specifically to rule out quitting as Treasurer.’
- ‘Smartphone vendors these days tend to focus on short term profits instead of being in the game for the long haul.’
- ‘The big stores need to see evidence that you're in it for the long haul and not just some chancer who will last for a couple of seasons.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.