One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be committed to an undertaking until it is completed.‘we are in business for the long haul’
- ‘The big stores need to see evidence that you're in it for the long haul and not just some chancer who will last for a couple of seasons.’
- ‘The band are in it for the long haul, playing pieces that usually clock in at around an hour.’
- ‘He assured management he was in for the long haul.’
- ‘It is too soon to project the firm's return on investment since the investor is in it for the long haul.’
- ‘He said he was in politics for the long haul, but refused specifically to rule out quitting as Treasurer.’
- ‘Smartphone vendors these days tend to focus on short term profits instead of being in the game for the long haul.’
- ‘Activists are troubled, but we have to recognise that we are in this for the long haul.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.