One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Act in films or work for the film industry.‘someone told her she ought to be in pictures’
- ‘They say that he's exactly the same now as when he was in radio, which I believe, because he's exactly the same now as when he was in pictures.’
- ‘Like a lot of youngsters, John decided early on that he wanted to be in pictures.’
- ‘If you or your child ever wanted to be in pictures -- this is your chance!’
- ‘Lottie says, ‘Ten years I've been in pictures and hope to be always in some way or other ’.’
- ‘Soon we had two camps in our class: those who wanted to be New York actors and those who wanted to be in pictures.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.