Act in films or work for the film industry.‘someone told her she ought to be in pictures’
- ‘Soon we had two camps in our class: those who wanted to be New York actors and those who wanted to be in pictures.’
- ‘If you or your child ever wanted to be in pictures -- this is your chance!’
- ‘Like a lot of youngsters, John decided early on that he wanted to be in pictures.’
- ‘They say that he's exactly the same now as when he was in radio, which I believe, because he's exactly the same now as when he was in pictures.’
- ‘Lottie says, ‘Ten years I've been in pictures and hope to be always in some way or other ’.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.