One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be pregnant.‘his wife was expecting again’
pregnant, expecting a baby, having a baby, having a child, carrying a childView synonyms
- ‘The couple announced they were expecting a baby in November last year, when Louise was four months pregnant.’
- ‘It is understood that the woman was told during her pregnancy that she was expecting twins.’
- ‘A couple got a little more than they bargained for when they found they were expecting triplets’
- ‘He praised the young couple for their serious commitment, counselled them through a miscarriage and, at their wedding one year later, joyfully announced during the ceremony that they were expecting a baby.’
- ‘The pair said they were overjoyed when they announced they were expecting their first baby earlier this month.’
- ‘I'm trying to get back into jogging but my wife Emma is expecting a baby in August - so I expect to be rather more occupied with that.’
- ‘It is even more distressing when we are expecting our third child soon.’
- ‘The couple recently married, and are expecting their first baby soon.’
- ‘The media-shy couple, who were fiercely tight-lipped about their year-long romance, broke the news they were expecting a baby shortly before they wed.’
- ‘We also had our own private joy as we had just learned that we were expecting our fifth child, Kian.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.