One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be admitted as a barrister.
- ‘From there she went to Inns of Court School of Law and was called to the Bar in October 1998 to the Honorable Society of Inn Temple.’
- ‘He was called to the Bar in 1971 and became a Queen's Counsel in 1991.’
- ‘During this time he also studied law and was called to the Bar in 1925.’
- ‘In 1876 he became a barrister when he was called to the Bar by the Inner Temple.’
- ‘He studied law and was called to the Bar in 1774, becoming a judge of the high court in Calcutta in 1783.’
- ‘He studied law at Oxford and was called to the Bar at Lincoln's Inn in 1965.’
- ‘He had studied at the Middle Temple from 1595, was called to the Bar in 1600, and continued to keep chambers in London.’
- ‘He was called to the Bar in 1974 and is a recognized authority in Civil Litigation and Appellate Advocacy.’
- ‘A Bradford solicitor has been called to the Bar after more than 30 years in the legal profession.’
- ‘He was called to the Bar in 1958 after two years in the Royal Navy, where he was an able seaman, and a period as a factory inspector.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.