One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Give birth to a child.‘she was brought to bed of a daughter’
- ‘Soon Estelle could no longer bear to stand and was brought to bed to deliver the child.’
- ‘Although she had been brought to bed and completed her ‘crying out’, she was still ‘in the straw’ (alluding to early bed-fillings) and would remain so for a full month.’
- ‘When the woman was brought to bed, the enchantress appeared at once, gave the child the name of Rapunzel, and took it away with her.’
- ‘In early fall Estelle was brought to bed of the child.’
- ‘Nine months later she was brought to bed of a son.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.