Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Be achieving something with ease.‘with the right tips and tricks, you'll be away laughing’
- ‘They just needed a little bit of motivation, a bit of that experience, and they've been away laughing.’
- ‘I downloaded my own personal server; I gave the IP number to Walker and we were away laughing.’
- ‘Once this is overcome you're away laughing.’
- ‘I was away laughing really, because two of the literature questions were about kid's books!’
- ‘A good greasy feed and bit of ice cream in the morning and I'm away laughing!’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.