One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be ready to assist someone whenever possible.‘I'm at your service, day or night’
- ‘Our staff is at your service for any further information you may require.’
- ‘As soon as dinner is done, I will be at your service.’
- ‘I continued to meet Mrs. Kennedy's conditions by being at her service at seven o'clock every morning, going to school every day, completing my chores in the afternoon, and never being caught doing anything illegal.’
- ‘Well, Ann, I've been at his service for 40 years, and we've never been apart.’
- ‘He had me stay at the house to be at Sammy 's service for the three weeks he was there, cooking whatever he dreamed of.’
- ‘Let me register and sign, and whenever you want I'll be at your service.’
- ‘The members of her group were supposed to be at her service and not the other way around.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.