One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Look very cheerful and pleased, especially in contrast to a previous mood.‘she was all smiles now that the crisis was over’
- ‘In contrast, Harrington was all smiles, perfectly at ease with himself and the situation.’
- ‘Mr. Derek was all smiles and grins for the ladies, and jokes and cuddles for the kids.’
- ‘Nadine George was all smiles as she accepted this trophy from Sports Minister Mario Michel’
- ‘Lydia Cross was all smiles again this week after being rushed to hospital with laryngitis.’
- ‘Not too impressed when he drew Greece a few weeks ago, however, he was all smiles on Sunday night following their shock Championship win.’
- ‘He was all smiles by the time I stumbled into the office on Sunday morning, still in need of a few more hours of sleep.’
- ‘But it was all smiles at a parents' evening within two months.’
- ‘Brooklyn Beckham was all smiles today as he emerged from the private hospital where his mother Victoria and new-born brother Romeo were said to be doing well.’
- ‘The waitress was all smiles and sweet to me, and made me feel right at home.’
- ‘For his part, Khan, who was all smiles, expressed his confidence in Imbert's ability to get the job done.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.