One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be certain to happen sooner or later.‘it is only a question of time before somebody is killed’
- ‘For years now the Government has announced the national strategy is working and that it is just a question of time before we all see the results.’
- ‘It's now just a question of time before we see other sports being played at Ireland's most popular sporting venue and overall the initial reactions have been very positive to the secret ballot decision.’
- ‘The son of a firefighter and a paramedic, Greg says he was brought up with the emergency services ethos and knew it was only a question of time before he too joined up.’
- ‘And I honestly believe that they will be found, and it's just a question of time at this point.’
- ‘It is only a question of time before there is a very serious accident on this stretch, a police spokesman said.’
- ‘Next to a grainy black-and-white photo of a youthful man in a beard, a large inscription reads, ‘Our victory is merely a question of time.’’
- ‘It is only a question of time before a case triggers a significant outbreak here.’
- ‘It is only a question of time and trying to get the adequate funding to make it happen, ‘she told The Montserrat Reporter.’’
- ‘It's just a question of time before this happens.’
- ‘Some say that it is a question of time before this changes.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.