One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be very different to.‘he is a far cry from the telegenic legislators who increasingly prowl Capitol Hill’
- ‘This is a far cry from handing over degree certificates for cash - as the headlines implied.’
- ‘For Mrs Bulloch, 30, her role as shop manager is a far cry from her previous job as an air hostess.’
- ‘They are a far cry from the people that surrounded me when I was a member of the Liberal party.’
- ‘This is the fifth generation of the Sonata and it is a far cry from the first generation model I found so tempting.’
- ‘Lama's upbringing was a far cry from his current life as an animal rights activist.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.