Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
Be very different to.‘he is a far cry from the telegenic legislators who increasingly prowl Capitol Hill’
- ‘For Mrs Bulloch, 30, her role as shop manager is a far cry from her previous job as an air hostess.’
- ‘This is a far cry from handing over degree certificates for cash - as the headlines implied.’
- ‘Lama's upbringing was a far cry from his current life as an animal rights activist.’
- ‘They are a far cry from the people that surrounded me when I was a member of the Liberal party.’
- ‘This is the fifth generation of the Sonata and it is a far cry from the first generation model I found so tempting.’
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.