One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Be well informed about.‘they are well up on current environmental trends’
well versed in, well informed about, conversant with, knowledgeable about, informed about, abreast of, apprised of, up to date on, au courant withView synonyms
- ‘However, you two don't seem to be up on current events.’
- ‘In this day of endless theory, top players need to be up on all important games if they are to have any hope of success.’
- ‘She wanted to be be up on any news sent to them.’
- ‘Anyway, you seem to be up on physics, and you seem to know what I'm saying so maybe you could help me here.’
- ‘When I went out there last year people really seemed to be up on racing.’
- ‘Even officials who would presumably be up on such issues appeared fuzzy about the central questions.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.