One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Show by one's existence and qualities that something is the case.‘she is living proof that hard work need not be ageing’
- ‘This is living proof that under certain circumstances differences in life don't have to create friction.’
- ‘Greg is living proof that there are bigger better things possible in this world, at least in terms of money.’
- ‘It was the living proof of the old adage that man does not live by bread alone.’
- ‘No, hold on a second - I was living proof that that wasn't true.’
- ‘They said they were living proof that he did and would.’
- ‘Not only that, she was living proof that athletes could be competitive on the world stage and be free of performance-enhancing drugs.’
- ‘Melissa is living proof that even though exercise has many positive benefits, too much can be harmful.’
- ‘She is living proof that for many, owning and operating a gallery is something that becomes a part of you that is difficult to leave behind.’
- ‘Women who attended the group many years ago were there to show that they were living proof of the value of the Women Awake initiative.’
- ‘I think that seeing my parents change their lives in such a fundamental way was living proof that change is always possible.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.