One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Feel awe for.‘his staff members are in awe of him’
revere, worship, pay homage to, venerate, adulate, idolize, put on a pedestal, lionize, hero-worship, honour, love, respectView synonyms
- ‘He said the troops were in awe of the students' courage.’
- ‘I have always been in awe of the elephant - what a magnificent creature left over from the dinosaurs.’
- ‘In India I am frequently in awe of the sense of personal peace in the midst of apparent turmoil.’
- ‘I am in awe of Nature - her power, her whims.’
- ‘I used to be in awe of people who got a lot of publicity.’
- ‘I was very much in awe of him.’
- ‘I was completely in awe of what he was doing.’
- ‘The Labour party was still in awe of its own election victory of 1945.’
- ‘Serenity was in awe of some of the flowers.’
- ‘The rest of the girls sat in awe of our school hero.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.