One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Used to convey that the presence of a particular quality or feeling is clearly revealed by a person's expression.‘guilt was written all over his face’
- ‘Four of the five goals had quality written all over them, several of the points were also out of the top drawer, and there were several individual performances on both sides that further embellished this magnificent game.’
- ‘He saw her jaw tighten with recognition and determination; mistrust clearly written all over her features.’
- ‘Jamie could clearly see that anguish was written all over his face.’
- ‘Vicky spoke out, excitement clearly written all over her face.’
- ‘They seemed to me to have trouble written all over them.’
- ‘They looked up to see her looming over them, with a stern expression written all over her face.’
- ‘She started running, panic clearly written all over her face.’
- ‘He most certainly has leadership material written all over him.’
- ‘Sam stared at me, surprise clearly written all over her face.’
- ‘But personally I still think he's got winner written all over him.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.