One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A cosmetic product with a creamy formulation, typically lighter in texture than foundation, used to even out facial skin tone.‘I was wearing sunscreen and BB cream’count noun ‘with this humid weather, I thought I would try a BB cream instead of a foundation’
- ‘To make blush look like a natural flush, layer it under a BB cream.’
- ‘BB cream is the multitasker of the makeup world.’
- ‘Remedy dull skin by using illuminating BB cream as a liquid highlighter.’
- ‘By now, I bet you know all about BB creams.’
- ‘For your makeup, quickly dab on a multitasking product like BB cream.’
Early 21st century: short for beauty balm cream or blemish balm cream.
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.