Which Joe gave his name to ‘sloppy joes’? We look at five interesting sandwiches and their lexical origins.
A cosmetic product with a creamy formulation, typically lighter in texture than foundation, used to even out facial skin tone.‘I was wearing sunscreen and BB cream’count noun ‘with this humid weather, I thought I would try a BB cream instead of a foundation’
- ‘BB cream is the multitasker of the makeup world.’
- ‘By now, I bet you know all about BB creams.’
- ‘For your makeup, quickly dab on a multitasking product like BB cream.’
- ‘Remedy dull skin by using illuminating BB cream as a liquid highlighter.’
- ‘To make blush look like a natural flush, layer it under a BB cream.’
Early 21st century: short for beauty balm cream or blemish balm cream.
We take a look at several popular, though confusing, punctuation marks.
From Afghanistan to Zimbabwe, discover surprising and intriguing language facts from around the globe.
The definitions of ‘buddy’ and ‘bro’ in the OED have recently been revised. We explore their history and increase in popularity.