One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or denoting statistical methods based on Bayes' theorem.‘Bayesian analysis’
- ‘The Bayesian statistical method works on the premise of dividing emails into categories.’
- ‘Bayesian networks may be a good method to use when the observed inputs of user information contain uncertainty.’
- ‘The standard Bayesian recipe is to predict the probability of each possibility and then choose the possibility which minimizes the expected loss.’
- ‘As long as new learning problems exist, there will be a need for Bayesian engineers to solve them.’
- ‘If you are already familiar with the principles of Bayesian statistics, you will probably have no trouble understanding the derivation.’
A follower of statistical methods based on Bayes' theorem.‘there is no general agreement among Bayesians about how to resolve this problem’
- ‘Mortgage managers aren't fools, just Bayesians responding to evidence.’
- ‘What the Bayesians give us is a theory of learning.’
- ‘There is no general agreement among Bayesians about how to resolve this problem.’
- ‘I don't consider myself a Bayesian.’
- ‘If a learning problem must be solved a Bayesian should probably be working on it.’
1950s: from Bayes (see Bayes' theorem) + -ian.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.