One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘She is equally capable of defending her marriage, jesting bawdily with Iago, and responding with dignity to Othello's incomprehensible jealousy.’
- ‘Helen and Paris enter; she implores Pandarus to sing a song of love, which he later sings bawdily.’
- ‘Amanda had suggested bawdily that this might be a decision which she could make well worth his while.’
- ‘It goes without saying that theatre can be a bit rough and ready, and lord knows our William seems to want to bawdily go where no one has gone before.’
- ‘Douglas Wootton dramatises this bawdily rollicking ditty to perfection, down to the last nudge and wink.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.