One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
A dessert containing gelatin and whipped cream, served cold.‘a bitter coffee bavarois with vanilla crème anglaise’
- ‘My banana-and-chocolate pudding was gooey and good, but Vicky's smooth lime bavarois was superb, the highlight of the meal.’
- ‘This wasn't a problem though, as I love bavarois a lot.’
- ‘Desserts included vanilla and praline bavarois with caramelised hazelnuts and mascarpone ice-cream as well as white chocolate and caramelised banana crepe with orange butterscotch sauce.’
- ‘For the vanilla bavarois, in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring the milk and vanilla bean scrapings to a boil.’
- ‘So crêpes and bavaroises will probably not initiate any thoughts of emigration, but Belgians do have one great flag waver in this category: Callebaut chocolate.’
French, literally ‘Bavarian’.
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.