One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
Relating to or characteristic of the French poet and critic Charles Baudelaire or his works.‘he delivers his dialogue with Baudelairean flair’
- ‘Their formal innovations and aestheticism further pushed the Baudelairean boundaries of poetic language.’
- ‘It is a painting that is not a retrospective on Manet's own Baudelairean years.’
- ‘He delivers his pompous dialogue with Baudelairean flair.’
An admirer, imitator, or student of the French poet and critic Charles Baudelaire.‘the nineteenth-century Baudelaireans’
- ‘I'm deeply grateful to all those Baudelaireans whose studies have helped me in my thinking.’
- ‘Of her real history, the most enthusiastic Baudelaireans know little.’
- ‘So far as I have been able to determine, nothing more is known of this precocious Baudelairean.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.