One of the mysteries of the English language finally explained.
- ‘A huge fireplace, painted in Italian style, dominates one wall and a glazed door leads on to a modern battlemented terrace looking on to the lake.’
- ‘Those bastions were garrisoned, as was the battlemented traverse work cut to overhang the full width of the gate.’
- ‘As a building, Maison Krug disappoints - just a yard, cellar and offices - and I cast envious glances at other champagne houses in Reims, especially Pommery which is a fantastic Disneyland castle with battlemented walls.’
- ‘Almost immediately this was surrounded by a lower battery providing fourteen further gun positions, while about 1550 a battlemented entrance block was built containing the governor's lodgings.’
- ‘Its red, white and blue uprights support a span depicting Derry's gates with a battlemented head topped by a crown.’
Top tips for CV writingRead more
In this article we explore how to impress employers with a spot-on CV.